dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nero

View previous topic :: View next topic  
royalbox

PostPosted: Tue 13 May 2003, 19:34    Post subject: Nero Reply with quote

Does anyone have an opinion on using nero to burn DVDs? There was a discussion on another forum about nero which is full of contradictions about which are the best settings to use, suggesting that the default is not compatible with older players. Is there a more reliable alternative that doesn't cost £££ or $$$ Shocked
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 13 May 2003, 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had some problems recording video DVDs with Nero (it was an old version of Nero, though, so that may have been fixed). They played correctly on PCs but not on stand-alone players.

I normally use PrimoDVD, that came with my DVD-R drive. It has an option to "format TS folders according to DVD specification", which will record the files in the order that set-top DVD players expect them to be.

Anyway, if you export a DVD image from your authoring program, the order of the files will be fixed, and you can record the image with any program that recognises your DVD recorder.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Recording All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: