dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Promlem with TMPGEnc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rons

PostPosted: Wed 11 May 2005, 14:16    Post subject: Promlem with TMPGEnc Reply with quote

I've recently purhcased TMPGEnc 2.5 and I'm having a problem.....

I have a 13 minute video with mostly stills and about 2 minutes of video (mini DV-consumer camera). There are a lot of effects on the stills some of them with very quick moves and pushes, 4-8 frames. I use the settings recommended on this site and encode. The areas where I have the effects, titles and stills come out perfect...the areas where I have regular video skip every once in a while. I edit in Avid Express Pro and I've tried exporting as QT ref and QT movie. I have not had much luck with QT ref (many portions come out jittery) so I use qt movie which comes out perfect other than the portions with video. When I play the QT movie back (in qt movie player) after exporting out of Avid it plays back fine, but after encoding and authoring, the video portions skip every couple of seconds. Before encoding in TMPGEnc i've gone to file and click preview and I can see the video skip. The weird thing is that if I go to the setting window under the video tab and set frame rate to 30 fps the video doesn't skip in preview but after encoding my authoring program won't except the file because it's not NTSC.
I don't understand what's causing the video to skip after encoding? It seems like if there was going to be a problem it would be with the portions that have many effects and are fast moving, but those come out perfect.....Just to be clear, I'm setting all the settings after i import the video so I know it's not the default settings of TMPGEnc that I'm using....I hope someone has some ideas, because I'm very confused.....Thanks....Ron.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed 11 May 2005, 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried playing the resulting MPEG-2 video file in more than one player? Does it always skip? And, if so, always in the same places? The problem would seem to be related to the frame rate, not the actual encoding. I think there is an option in TMPGEnc's filters called "no frame rate conversion" (or something similar) try enabling it and see if it makes any difference.

Also, if you can, try using an AVI file instead of a QT file. TMPGEnc doesn't really have native support for QuickTime.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: