dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Encoding with 3.0 Express

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEORGE 111

PostPosted: Wed 29 Jun 2005, 16:14    Post subject: Encoding with 3.0 Express Reply with quote

So far I see no quality issues and it is easy to use. However my issue with final DVD quality continues. The encoded Files and the DVD, play and look great on my Pc.
On the TV , the DVD images display noise on all image borders(looks like microscopic bugs buzzing around ), How do I get rid of this ??
I had the same condition with the original TMPGEnc encoder, so it 's not unique to the 3.0.
Tried 3 different TVs, 3 different DVD players, Encoded at just about every setting imaginable but Cannot get rid of that visual "edge buzzing"
Expert help needed please !!----What could be the cause and cure. Thanks.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 1 Jul 2005, 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

What settings are you using, namely the GOP structure, the video arrange method and the motion search precision?

RMN
~~~
GEORGE 111

PostPosted: Fri 1 Jul 2005, 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOP : 1 7 1 15 (closed)
Botom field first
Motion : tried Standard, high and highest,
No filters, but have enabled noise to see if it makes a difference. Does not.
De-interlace-only when necessary.
Source is confirmed as type 2 AVI using GSPOT. Is it possible to have codec conflicts which would cause problems ?
Thanks rmn.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 1 Jul 2005, 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you watched the original video on a TV set?

Is the original AVI a full-resolution file (ex., 720x576)? Is it interlaced?

Is the "video arrange method" set to full screen?

What do you mean by "de-interlace only when necessary"?

Also, unless your bitrate is relatively low (under 6000 or so), don't use B-pictures. Use I=1, P=14, B=0 (for PAL) or P=17 (for NTSC), and make sure scene change detection is enabled. Also, standard motion search precision is a bit of a waste. Use highest quality (if you have complex motion, such as the camera going through bushes, etc.) or motion estimate (encodes about as fast as standard precision and usually produces better results).

RMN
~~~
GEORGE 111

PostPosted: Fri 1 Jul 2005, 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

option on the filter window: "De-interlace only when necessary", in the method panel.- Original video from camera to TV looks great, bright , vibrant with good solid borders.
It is Type 2 AVI full res @ 720x576 and set to full screen.
I will try your recommendation on the GOP. I have the bit rate up to 9000. Have tried both VBR and CBR.
Everything I have read states, "it will always look better on TV", this is why I have been wondering if something "devious" is going on within my Pc---sounds silly, but I 'm really stumped and grasping at straws.
The Mpeg-2 file plays on the PC and looks good. The DVD with that same Mpeg-2 burned to it, looks identical--good. Only criticism I have is the image is darker than original camera footage. On the Tv, the image is intact, ie, no jagged edges on movement. Thanks again for the input .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: