dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Pulsing" Effect with MPEG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mraiford

PostPosted: Mon 17 Apr 2006, 16:19    Post subject: "Pulsing" Effect with MPEG Reply with quote

I'm having some difficulties encoding a video using Media Studio Pro 8 (Its built-in encoder):

If I encode a short segment of the video, it looks fine. However, If I encode a segment starting from the beginning of the video, it a few minutes in (~10min) hits a section with relatively little motion. In this section there's an obvious motion artefact: Approximately once per second the picture "pulses". This happens when encoded onto the DVD or playing the resulting mpeg file before its authored. I've tried all manner of bitrates (up to 7Mb) and it does the same thing. FWIW, the encoder is using CBR, I've been leery to use VBR or mess with the GOP structure, because I don't want to break compatibility.

Is the encoder just junk and I should use TMPGEnc? I'd like to avoid exporting a DV AVI, then encoding in an external app, as the editor allows setting chapter points (while I still have access to cues and scenes...), but if this is what I must do....
mraiford

PostPosted: Fri 21 Apr 2006, 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW,

I did eventually resolve this:

After reading the site some more, I tried using VBR, made a huge difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: