dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the best software for burning?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyline_us77

PostPosted: Thu 10 Aug 2006, 4:27    Post subject: the best software for burning? Reply with quote

I compiled an iso image of a dvd video and I want to know which software is the best for writing this image to disk and what recording speed will be more recomanded. I use Nero 6 and my dvd writers are Pioneer DVR-111D 16x and Memorex True8x. Nero will let me write with at least 4x, I don't know why it won't let me burn with 1x or 2x (the blank dvd is 1x-8x). If you know the solution to this problem, please help me!

Thank you!
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 12 Aug 2006, 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an ISO image file, any recording program will produce the same result.

As a general rule, to ensure as few parity errors as possible, you should write at a speed that's one step below the lowest of the rated speeds.

For example, if your recorder is rated for 16x and your media is rated for 8x, record at 6x (or less). If your media is rated for 16x and your recorder is rated for 12x, record at 10x (or less).

Usually there isn't a big advantage to using much lower speeds (ex., 1x or 2x), because modern recorders produce very few parity errors anyway.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Recording All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: