dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMPGEnc encoded file-How to BURN> to DVD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
famreeks

PostPosted: Fri 8 Sep 2006, 12:02    Post subject: TMPGEnc encoded file-How to BURN> to DVD Reply with quote

I have encoded an avi file captured with Win Movie maker and now encoded to MPEG2 interlaced - I want to now take that and burn to a DVD that will play on Home DVD player. What do I need?

I have DVD shrink if that will help? and Nero Express but I do not tink,it does DVD burning.

Thaks for the help
Mike
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 8 Sep 2006, 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need authoring software to take the MPEG-2 file, add menus, etc. (if you want), and compile everything into a "title set" (VIDEO_TS folder, with VOB files in it). Then you can record those files to a DVD, or compile them into a disc image file (ISO), and then create a disc from that file.

Most authoring software will do all those steps for you. I think Nero Express can take a MPEG-2 file, compile everything and burn a DVD, but I've never used it personally.

RMN
~~~
famreeks

PostPosted: Fri 8 Sep 2006, 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that -I thought DVD shrink was / had autheoring with it as part of its bundle as it has a tab 're-author' but it will not see the file that I have at this point.

Authoring recommendations?

Mike
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun 10 Sep 2006, 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have Nero Vision Express, or just Nero Express? Apparently the two have similar names but are very different. Nero Express is just a burning program, Nero Vision Express is a video capture and DVD authoring program.

If you have Nero Vision, you can probably use that. If not, there are several options, depending on what kind fo features you need. Pegasys sell a basic authoring program (called TMPGEnc DVD Author) that will probably be enough for most projects, and is much cheaper than the high-end programs (like Encore, DVD Studio Pro, etc.).

You can download demos of several authoring programs, so it's really a matter of finding one you like (and that does what you need). I use DVD Maestro, but that's not being sold anymore (Apple bought the company and discontinued it).

RMN
~~~
famreeks

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep 2006, 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your thoughts. Ihave nero express so no good to me. will try TMPGenc autho and advise further.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: