dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Import Premiere 6.0 project into Premiere Pro 2.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skydog

PostPosted: Sun 14 Jan 2007, 21:21    Post subject: Import Premiere 6.0 project into Premiere Pro 2.0 Reply with quote

Please let me know, if I have a project ready to export from my Premier 6.0 program that I have edited along with the Matrox RT 2000 system can I open the project in Premier Pro 2.0 and then export the timeline to a DVD
With the RT 2000 and Premier 6.0 there are so many settings to choose from that I am confused. I have used Adobe Encore to make other DVD's and am looking for the best quality possibilities.

All help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob Grant - London, Canada
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 16 Jan 2007, 6:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premiere Pro has some fundamental differences from version 6.5 and earlier, so when you import a project, it might not look exactly the same.

My advice would be to export the finished movie from Premiere 6 (to an AVI file, using your working codec - probably DV), and then import that movie into Premiere Pro, if you still want to add any effects.

After that, you can either export from Premiere to a DVD, or import the new Premiere Pro project / movie into your authoring application, or convert the AVI to MPEG-2 using a stand-alone encoder (ex., TMPGEnc), and then import that MPEG-2 file into the authoring application.

Either way, rendering to an AVI from Premiere 6 will ensure that the movie looks as it was intended.

RMN
~~~
skydog

PostPosted: Tue 16 Jan 2007, 11:24    Post subject: P 6.0 to Pro 2.0 Reply with quote

Thank you RMN and that is what I will try although I am still not sure which setting to use to get the best results when exporting from 6.0.

Thank You, Bob
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 16 Jan 2007, 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the video compression type selected your editing settings (in Premiere 6). You'll probably have something called "Matrox DV" or similar (I've never used the RT2000, I'm not sure what name they gave to the codec), which should be the format of your source clips.

When you export the finished movie, use the same format, that way only the parts that have changed (due to effects or transitions) will need to be recompressed.

RMN
~~~
skydog

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jan 2007, 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will check that out.

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Editing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: