dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie...TMPGEnc & Avisynth questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raihnman

PostPosted: Fri 23 May 2003, 15:22    Post subject: Newbie...TMPGEnc & Avisynth questions Reply with quote

Hey people,

I am new to DVD authoring. I recently dowloaded TMPGEnc & Avisynth to give them a try. When I installed avisynth, I didn't see any Premiere plugin. I don't see any mention of the plugin at the Avisynth site either.

Can anyone help me get started?

I am using Adobe Prmiere 5.1c
Win NT 4.0 SP6

I have tried using TMPGEnc by itself to ecode an AVI file and that appeared to work correctly. Now I need to get the Frame Server part working (avisynth).

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Kurt
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 23 May 2003, 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exactly did you "install" AVISynth, and which version did you install? Make sure you follow the instructions in the guide.

Alternatively, download and install Video Server instead, which is easier to use (although there is a small registration fee).

Note that if you install Video Server it will remove one of AVISynth's files, so if you decide not to keep Video Server you'll have to re-install AVISynth afterwards (or, alternatively, install Video Server first and then AVISynth, and both plug-ins will co-exist).

RMN
~~~
Raihnman

PostPosted: Fri 23 May 2003, 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMN,

I probably messed up the install. I downloaded AviSynth_208.exe (which is the latest according the website http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=57023) and simply executed the file. When it was done I could not locate the Premiere plugin.

I think I will take your advice and look into the Frame Server Program.

Thanks,

Kurt
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 24 May 2003, 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Premiere plug-in for AVISynth only works with version 0.3 Beta. You can find links to both files in the software links page, and installation instructions in the frameserving guide. Video Server is easier and more flexible, though. The only disadvantage is the registration fee (but it's quite small). You can download it at Videotools.

RMN
~~~
Raihnman

PostPosted: Sat 24 May 2003, 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS!

I used Frame Server and TMPGENC to create the MPEG2 files. I downloaded a trial version of DVDLab to create a title page and scene selections, then created the DVD files on my hard drive. I then opened the files using a DVD player and it worked!

Now I just need to save so I can purchase the software and DVD burner. The DVDLab program was great. I look forward to purchasing it.

Kurt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: