dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD production

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alban

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun 2003, 12:20    Post subject: DVD production Reply with quote

Hi guys,

as a newgi a need to ask a few questions. I want to burn Video and Audio (57min, 66min, 72min, 113min and 122min) on a master DVD for copying and selling. I use the calulator of this page to do the settings for the encoding. Then I am going to use DVDMaestro to do the authoring and will burn it with Nero. What is authoring actually? What kind of DVD discs do I need to use. I do not need them copyright protected. I want to have them to be copied by anyone who would like to do it. I also will ask about the best encoding setting in 'Compression'.

Thank you so much for helping me,
Alban
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jun 2003, 20:29    Post subject: Re: DVD production Reply with quote

Alban wrote:

I want to burn Video and Audio (57min, 66min, 72min, 113min and 122min) on a master DVD for copying and selling. I use the calulator of this page to do the settings for the encoding. Then I am going to use DVDMaestro to do the authoring and will burn it with Nero. What is authoring actually? What kind of DVD discs do I need to use. I do not need them copyright protected. I want to have them to be copied by anyone who would like to do it.

Authoring is the process of creating the DVD structure (menus, audio tracks, chapters, etc.). If you have never used Maestro, I recommend reading the manual and help files; they are very well written.

The type of discs you should use depends on your DVD recorder. DVD-R has the best compatibility with set-top players, closely followed by DVD+R. Avoid using RW formats, since these are not compatible with most players. Maxell, Pioneer and Sony discs are usually good. There are other good brands. Avoid discs with no brand unless you're sure they come from a good manufacturer.

If are going to use Nero to record, make sure you create a DVD image in Maestro, and then load that image into Nero (select "burn from image", or "burn from ISO"). Nero has problems recording TS folders.

Any recordable DVD format can be copied by anyone (as long as they have a DVD recorder, of course). If you ever need copy protection, you will have to send your master to an industrial duplicator. This is only cost-effective if you want to make more than 1,000 copies or so (and very cheap if you want to make more than 10,000), but the main advantage is industrial DVDs can have almost 9 GB, while recordable DVDs can only have 4.38.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: