dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMPGEnc Slide Show

View previous topic :: View next topic  
weasle

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul 2003, 21:33    Post subject: TMPGEnc Slide Show Reply with quote

I am trying to encode an MPG from 28 pictures and have each picture displayed for 4 seconds. My encoded MPG has black frames in some places where there should be a picture.

Is there a way to encode an MPG with TMPGEnc from pictures and have each picture displayed the same amount of time as the rest without black frames?
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul 2003, 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to control the duration of each picture is to edit them in your video editing program (ex., Premiere, Vegas, etc.), and then export the result to TMPGEnc.

RMN
~~~
weasle

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul 2003, 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
I don't have access to any of the programs you mentioned.
Do you have any other suggestions?
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul 2003, 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several free video editing programs that will let you create slide shows easily. For example, Wax. They're not as complete as Premiere, Final Cut or Media Studio, but they're still very useful tools.

Anyway, there is one way to do what you want only with TMPGEnc (the only problem with this method is all images must last exactly the same time, you can't have, for example, one image with 4 seconds, and one image with 10 seconds):

Name the first image "pic001", the second image "pic002", etc.. Make sure all frames are the same size and the same format.

Then load them into TMPGEnc as a sequence (select the first frame, TMPGEnc will automatically load the rest).

Then go to the "Frame rate" field (in the Video Settings tab) and click on "setting". Set the value on the left to match your video standard (25 for PAL, 29.97 for NTSC), and increase the value on the right until the rate is as close to 0.25 fps (4 seconds per frame) as possible. For PAL, a value of 25/100 will give you exactly 0.25 (4 seconds per image). For NTSC, a value of 120 will give you 0,24975 (4.004 seconds per image).

RMN
~~~

Last edited by RMN on Fri 18 Jul 2003, 4:54; edited 1 time in total
weasle

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul 2003, 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is it.
I am getting black frames where there is a picture that is not the same size of the first one in the sequence.
Any idea how I can get TMPGEnc to resize these problem pictures for me?
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul 2003, 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the "video arrange method" make sure you select "full screen". I'm not sure if this will make TMPGEnc resize each frame individually or if it will resize all frames based on the size of the first frame.

You'd probably be better off resizing and reframing them them with an image editing program (some images may not have the correct aspect ratio of the screen).

RMN
~~~
echtepino

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jul 2003, 6:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not what you've asked but the easiest way to make MPEG slide shows is with http://www.vcdeasy.org/
Couldn't resist...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: