dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMPGEnc advice for newbie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hwood95

PostPosted: Fri 8 Aug 2003, 15:20    Post subject: TMPGEnc advice for newbie Reply with quote

great tutorial I just got into this a few day ago & following your guide my project is almost perfect but I have 2 questions my video when I watch it on TV seems a little darker after I used TMPGEnc & I'm getting a little line of white at the bottom of allot of scenes (looks like those vcr tracking lines) should go back in premiere or is it something else

thx.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun 10 Aug 2003, 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I answered your e-mail, but here goes anyway:

> when I watch it on TV seems a little darker

Some video codecs perform automatic luminance range scaling, and this can cause the image to get about 8% brighter or darker. In TMPGEnc's "Quantize matrix" section there's an option labelled "output YUV as basic YCbCr" that can be used to tell TMPGEnc if it should perform the conversion or assume it was done by the codec. Try reversing the setting (ex., if it's on, turn it off, and vice versa). This will probably fix the problem. If not, you can always apply a brighntess or gamma filter.

> I'm getting a little line of white at the bottom of
> allot of scenes (looks like those vcr tracking lines)
> should go back in premiere or is it something else

Hm... can't think of anything that would cause that. What's your source (ex., DV, Hi8, etc.)? And where do you see that line? In the original video file (AVI, I presume)? In the MPEG-2 file created by TMPGEnc? Only on the DVD? And if so, do you see it both on the TV and the PC (using PowerDVD, for example), or just in one of them?

RMN
~~~
royalbox

PostPosted: Sun 10 Aug 2003, 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried rmm's advice regarding the "output YUV as basic YCbCr" when my video's seemed too contrasty -- the darks were very dark -- and it did the trick. My last dvd came out just right.
hwood95

PostPosted: Sun 10 Aug 2003, 17:25    Post subject: good advice Reply with quote

Smile Smile thx it worked!
lordnumpty

PostPosted: Sun 7 Sep 2003, 13:59    Post subject: need help on extracting audio Reply with quote

hi, ive just started to use tmpge and i don't understand a few things, on the info under virtual dub, it says to change the Sampling rate to 44100Hz if you are going to make VCD or SVCD MPEGs. do i still use this setting when i use the dvd setting in tmpge?.
also i have a avi but the frames are 24.001 fps and not the 29,97 or 23,976 or 24 ect, and whats the best stream type to use, can anyone help me on this ?
thanx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: