dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dvd madness help please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hwood95

PostPosted: Fri 8 Aug 2003, 20:59    Post subject: dvd madness help please Reply with quote

Question i think i read so much on creating dvd my head is light i have 1 major question & i can go foward so come guys don't let me down-
i'm using adobe premiere 6.5 with main concepts latest standalone mpeg encoder i also have the 1.3 beta plug-in & tmpgenc, latest encoder with a great tut. from this site
do i export my timeline from adobe to the beta plug-in, then import the mpv. file into tmpgenc, & follow the tutorial or is it save my project as an avi then import it into tmpgenc, or main concepts latest standalone mpeg encoder finaly to dvdit pe or dvdpro
thx.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun 10 Aug 2003, 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do one of three things:

1. Export from Premiere to a MPEG-2 file using the built-in encoder. This is the fastest process and you don't need to use TMPGEnc at all. The quality will probably be slightly inferior to the other methods, though.

2. Export from Premiere to a big AVI file and then use TMPGEnc to covert that AVI file to MPEG-2. This takes longer, but the quality will probably be better. For this you ned Premiere and TMPGEnc.

3. Use AVISynth or Video Server to connect Premiere directly to TMPGEnc. This is sliglty more complicated to set up but you save on step (rendering to a big AVI file) and the quality is the same as above.

If you use Premiere's built-in encoder you shouldn't use TMPGEnc, or vice-versa.

After you have a MPEG-2 file (.M2V, .MPG, .MPV, .MP2, or whatever), load that into your authoring program and continue from there.

RMN
~~~
hwood95

PostPosted: Sun 10 Aug 2003, 17:29    Post subject: i can see clearly now Reply with quote

Razz followed those instructions they are correct what's funny is i'm getting a better quality from the plug in or the stand alone of main concept
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun 10 Aug 2003, 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with MainConcept's encoder was that it's pretty good but slightly inferior to TMPGEnc. If you are getting bad quality out of TMPGEnc you probably need to tweak your settings a bit. It's also possible that the problems are being caused by Premiere when it's exporting (ex., if you're exporting to a compressed AVI and then importing that AVI into TMPGEnc, then there's no way to recover the detail that was lost in that compression).

Anyway, if the quality you're getting from the buit-in encoder is good, and if your authoring program accepts the resulting files, stick with it. It's probably a lot faster and more practical than using TMPGEnc.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: