dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Capture Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patmac

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug 2003, 3:23    Post subject: Capture Question Reply with quote

Hi,
I hope it's OK to post this here. If it's the wrong place, I apologize.
I'm trying to capture a one hour D8 tape from my camcorder, via the firewire, using Windows Movie Maker II.
Capturing under DV-AVI settings I should see a file size of around 14GB, but mine is about 5GB. The playback is choppy, both the video and audio.
I did this before with no problems. Only difference is this time I'm using a second drive ( second 120GB partitioned ) to save the captured files to.
Is this simply a matter of disabling the file indexing for the new drive?
Did it not happen before on the old drive because there were many files already on it? File indexing was enabled on the old drive I saved to.
My anti-virus was disabled too.
I've posted this elsewhere with no luck. Please help.
My ultimate goal is to get two one hour D8 tapes onto one DVD.
Thanks in advance.
patmac
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed 13 Aug 2003, 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

File indexing shouldn't have any influence (it only indexes "office" type files such as text and spreadsheets).

What kind of connection does this second hard drive have? Is it an internal IDE drive? SCSI? USB?

Does your capture software warn you about any dropped frames? Can you still capture correctly to your first drive?

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Equipment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: