dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACC and DVDMaestro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alban

PostPosted: Wed 13 Aug 2003, 18:38    Post subject: ACC and DVDMaestro Reply with quote

Hi guys,

does anyone know how to use the ACC audio format in Maestro? Or is it simply not possible? I found a pretty good ACC encoder, a Nero plugin. The BS_AC3 v0.1 by DSPguru does in Nero the AC 3 encoding, but I do not have a clue yet what kind of setting I have to use and if it is really a good encoder.

Would be great, if you could advise me.

Thank you,
Alban
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 15 Aug 2003, 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACC? Don't you mean AC3 (Dolby Digital Audio Codec 3)? If so, you just need a program capable of creating .AC3 files. Then import that file into the asset window just as you would import a MPEG or WAV file.

RMN
~~~
Alban

PostPosted: Fri 15 Aug 2003, 16:01    Post subject: no I meant ACC -- a very promising new standard Reply with quote

Yes I meant ACC. I found it at

http://www.audiocoding.com/wiki/index.php?page=AAC

read also: http://www.tnt.uni-hannover.de/project/mpeg/audio/public/w2006.html

and: http://www.mp3-tech.org/

It is a really good and easy one to use. It's compression is extraordinary.

But I looked again. It seems that this format is not used for DVD production. So I need to use either the MPEG-1 Layer II or the AC-3 Dolby format. I tested tooLAME and the Nero plugin "BS_AC3 v0.1" by DSPguru, but I did not get good results with that one yet.

I need further testing.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun 17 Aug 2003, 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the only valid formats for DVD are PCM, MPEG Audio, AC3 and DTS (and only PCM and AC3 are compatible with all players; DTS and MPEG Audio may not be supported by some models).

RMN
~~~
Alban

PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug 2003, 0:00    Post subject: what encoder works for AC 3? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I tried the AC 3 package of Besweet. I found out that every file I make is way too low. No setting change I make, seems to affect this. In the forum I realize this is well known, but not yet fixed. The Nero plug-in is the same construction, so I have the same problem there. So what is left for encoding to AC 3? Is there still a free ware programm, that gives good quality?

About MPEG: RMN says, not all players can play it. Does this go for the players in Europe also?

Kind regards,
Alban
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug 2003, 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

All PAL players should be able to play MPEG audio.

Regarding the volume: look for a setting labelled "dialogue normalisation" or something like that (I've never used BeSweet; I normally use SoftEncode). Setting a lower value will make the sound louder. DVDs are usually mixed with the voice volume very low, to allow for a big range (for explosions, etc.). Most DVD players have an option for "dynamic range compression", that will make the dialogues louder without distorting the loud sounds.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: