dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

stream writing error when encoding with TMPGEnc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alban

PostPosted: Sun 24 Aug 2003, 16:40    Post subject: stream writing error when encoding with TMPGEnc Reply with quote

Hi,
for the first time I get an error message in TMPGEnc. When I press start 5 or 10 seconds later appears a message saying "stream writing error". I looked in the Pegasys Inc. Webpage and found that this error occurs if you have not enough disc space for the Temp folder that is specified in TMPGEnc. I looked at my disc space and saw there is still about 9 GB free. The source file has 8.76 GB and is a video only AVI-file. I emptied the drive anyway. Now I have 12.5 GB left which is more that I had before. But still the same error occurs. When the error was occuring the first time I could encode maybe for 10 minutes and got a ca 130 MB MP2 file. Then it stopped.

It would be fantastic if anyone would have an idea what is going on.

Kind regards,
Alban
Alban

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug 2003, 23:21    Post subject: I got it Reply with quote

Hi,

surprise, surprise, it had something to do with disc space. I did not defragment my two hard drives for quite some time. And I did a lot of software testing and copying and recording and so one. So they were a big mess. After defragmenting it works perfectly again.
Thanks so much for participating in this little drama.
Alban
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug 2003, 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defragmenting shouldn't make any difference (apart from making disk access slightly faster). I suspect you may have had some errors in the disk (ex., cross-linked files, corrupted file tables, etc.), and the disk check that's automatically performed wen you defragment probably fixed those problems.

If it happens again you can probably fix it simply by selecting "check disk" and "automatically repair file system errors". This is usually faster than defragmenting. Of course, if you have the time, do a full defrag.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: