dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spuceup's headache

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJB

PostPosted: Sun 16 Nov 2003, 2:09    Post subject: Spuceup's headache Reply with quote

Here we go again. I'm compiling projects (.m2v + wav) in to Spruceup with no problems. However, When I try to play the file within Spuceup under the SIMULATE tab the program (SpruceUp) locks up and shuts down. When I try to write the DVD I'll get 100% compilation but when it comes time to WRITE I get an error box saying "REMAINING DISC WRITING OPERATIONS WILL BE ABORTED" What gives? This happens with any file I drag into Spruceup. And as for DVDit, forget it. It still can't find a decoder. Any ideas out there? It figures as I have two projects to get out of here by Monday. What a pain. I think I'll get me one of those Stand Alone Disc Burners. That's better than overdosing on the Tylenol!
MJB

PostPosted: Mon 17 Nov 2003, 3:08    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I had PowerDVD and Ravisent on the hard drive. I removed Ravisent and Spruceup. Then cleaned the registry by using Regseeker. I reinstalled DVDit LE. I did a IPB export from Premier and DVDit took it with no problems. Then I tried importing a .m2v file into DVDit and I got the fatal Decoder not found message again. So now I know that a mpg file wrapped in an avi wrapper will work in DVDit but, a file with any kind of mpg extension will not be accepted by DVDit. Amazing. My nect trick will be to remove DVDit and clean the registry. Then I'll reinstall SpruceUp. To me SpruceUp should be much better than DVDit.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 17 Nov 2003, 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it could be a conflict between decoders (Ravisent Cinemaster and PowerDVD, perhaps?). Remember this?

RMN
~~~
MJB

PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov 2003, 0:31    Post subject: Yes, I remember Reply with quote

I did remove all decoder software and cleaned out the registry. I still have that problem. I haven't installed SpruceUp again but I will. I will remove DVDit first, clean the registry before I install SpruceUp. Ravisent and PowerDVD, will there be a decoder problem with those? Ravisent installs with SpruceUp.
MJB

PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov 2003, 1:40    Post subject: Spruceup still won't work Reply with quote

I have removed all known decoders. I have removed DVDit and clean the registry. I have installed Spruceup and it still won't work as before. Any ideas out there?
MJB

PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov 2003, 1:41    Post subject: Forgot Reply with quote

I have installed Spruceup on a system with no DVD burner. Just a CD burner and Spruceup works great. To bad this system isn't my video editor.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov 2003, 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can think of is that something wasn't removed when you uninstalled the other programs, or that you missed something in the registry. Of course, finding out exactly what isn't an easy task... Sad

Apart from the preview (simulation) mode, does SpruceUp work correctly now? Can you at least compile to a disc image or to TS folders? Or does that fail too?

RMN
~~~
MJB

PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov 2003, 19:03    Post subject: SpruceUp Reply with quote

RMN, Spruceup, as soon as you click the simulation tab (no matter what mp2 file I use the program crashes saying the the program has stopped responding an error log is being created. I can never find the error log and I have trashed my system today. I'm working on another one that will have Premeir 6.5 and a standard 1394 card. I'm switching to XP and I'm going to use Adobe Encore. I'll see how that works.

On another system I have I installed SpruceUp and it works as advertised but I don't have a DVD Burner in that system.

I'm dumping the win2k and matrox system.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov 2003, 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from that, does SpruceUp work correctly? Can you compile to a disc image or title set?

RMN
~~~
MJB

PostPosted: Wed 19 Nov 2003, 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't compiled anything yet. But I have to assume that if the file plays under simulate it will compile and burn to DVD. I have switched systems. I'll be checking it out later.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu 20 Nov 2003, 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was not my question. I'm asking if you can compile in the system where the simulation does not work.

RMN
~~~
MJB

PostPosted: Fri 21 Nov 2003, 2:50    Post subject: No more SpruceUp! Reply with quote

I have switched operating systems and DVD Programs. I'm WinXP now and using Adobe Encore. Works really good with no problems. When I said I didn't compile I ment I didn't encode. TMpeg did the encoding. I imported the m2v file with wav into SpruceUp. SpruceUp would not write the DVD nor could I get SpruceUp to simulate. That program crashed every time.

I plan to stick with Adobe. I can encode with it and it provides CBR and 2-pass VBR at different bit rates. Seems they took the best from other programs and compiled them in version 1 of Encore. I have used Premiers 6.5 MPEG 2 render and the resulting video was not very good. Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: