dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD File size limitations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJB

PostPosted: Tue 8 Apr 2003, 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media is bulk ordered. No name. The supply house says they have no errors reported from other customers about these DVD's. I record them at X1 speed.

The MPEG2 file is a converted Matrox IPB AVI file. So, i suspect that this might be one problem that DVD Maestro cannot deal with.

DVDit will accept the AVI file but not the MPEG 2 file. The error message (No decoder found) shows up.

When I use DVDit to burn the avi file I will have the video freeze problem as discussed earlier.

I will use the TMPGEnc program to make a real MPEG 2 file, then use DVD Maestro to burn it. We will see what happens. Thank You!
MJB

PostPosted: Wed 9 Apr 2003, 3:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used TMPEGEnc to create the MPEG2 file. DVDit will not accept it. However DVDit will accept the AVI files. Last time I burned a DVD using the AVI files the project will not play all the way.

DVD Maestro, the last time I loaded it, there it was no probem no decoder not found message. I tried to import the MPEG2 file into the Asset Bin. No go, Maestro says it's an invalid MPEG file.

DVD Maestro however allowed me to import the avi files. I'm getting the OK status on both the Audio and video files.

I cannot get these files into first play. My help file is gone. Any ideas?
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed 9 Apr 2003, 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er... Maestro let you import AVI files? I don't think so (you probably meant DVDit).

The file that you tried to import into Maestro and gave you the "invalid file" error, was it made with TMPGEnc? If it was, you must have picked a wrong setting somewhere. I've been using Maestro with TMPGEnc for ages and it never rejected a file that was DVD-compliant.

If you have Maestro and know how to use it, I really don't see the point in using DVDit...

RMN
~~~
MJB

PostPosted: Wed 9 Apr 2003, 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMN, I am not familiar with Maestro. The AVI file that Maestro took was a Matrox IPB file in a avi wrapper. Maestro took the wav file too and it was non parsed at the time but 5 minutes later it was OK. My problem is I can't do anything with the file after that. It stays in the file bin. Can't drag it anywhere.

The MPEG2 file was created with TMPEGEnc. It played fine with Windows media player and mplayer2. Maestro will not take the file. As for settings, I used what the bit rate calculator said to use. Forced CBR 6900 Mbits. PCM audio ect.

If I get to figure out Maestro believe me I'll take my CD of DVDit to the target range and shoot it full of holes. That's what I'd like to do to the computer right now.

Right now I am recapturing the video. I found out that I wasn't using the Larger than 2 gig file capture. It was captured in 2 gig chunks. That might be a problem for DVDit and the problem of video freeze.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed 9 Apr 2003, 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Media player will play pretty much any MPEG file (including MPEG-1, and regardless of bitrate, size, spec, etc.). And so will any other software player. To be accepted by a DVD authoring program (and by a stand-alone DVD player), the file must follow the DVD specifications, which are much stricter. The calculator only gives you bitrate and GOP-related values. For a full description of the settings required to make a file compatible with the DVD spec, read the compression guide.

Maestro uses a timeline interface. Even if you decide to use a different authoring program, I recommend reading DVD Maestro's manual and help files, as they are very well written and have a lot of useful information about DVD authoring in general.

RMN
~~~
MJB

PostPosted: Thu 10 Apr 2003, 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subject of Video freezes, audio keeps going. Matrox capture settings, Infinate capture, 2 gig chunks for FAT32 drives. That was the problem. When I chose the larger than 2 gig mode and recaptured the Final DVD worked. I have to assume the DVD would get to the end of the 2 gig chunk and quite. So that problem appears to be fixed.

Now off the the Mpeg2 problem. I will do some testing and let you know. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: