dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loved your TMPGEnc for MPEG-2 how-to.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay

PostPosted: Wed 3 Sep 2003, 4:58    Post subject: Loved your TMPGEnc for MPEG-2 how-to. Reply with quote

I just wanted to say thank you for the TMPGEnc for MPEG-2 how-to. I found it very easy to read and go through. With your information I was able to encode several troublesome vids and burn them off to DVD. I'm testing them right now to see how they turn out. If they dont I'm not worried I have a good idea now on where to look for my problems.

Thanks again

-jay
ebola

PostPosted: Sat 6 Mar 2004, 20:02    Post subject: rookie, but impressed and excited Reply with quote

I wanted to say that i love this guide also.

My current stumbling block is that I don't yet know how to compress the audio that went with my avi track (i'm trying to create a dvd)...

it says in the guide that there are MANY other audio tools that will do the job better than tmpgenc, but i cannot determine what those tools are!

thanks,

M.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 6 Mar 2004, 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

TooLAME and BeSweet seem to be the most popular MPEG audio encoders. But don't use MPEG audio unless you're sure that both your authoring program and DVD player support it (MPEG audio is only standard on PAL players, not NTSC, although many support it). The only formats that are guaranteed to play back everywhere are AC3 (Dolby Digital) and PCM (uncompressed).

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Site All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: