dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMPGEnc Audio Video Sync

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeX

PostPosted: Fri 19 Mar 2004, 16:25    Post subject: TMPGEnc Audio Video Sync Reply with quote

I imported a DV to my PC using Adobe Premiere Pro (Avi Type-2).

Using TMPGEnc, I selected ES(Video+Audio) to create a separate mpeg file (.m2v) and a separate audio file (PCM Wave).

I load both files into Ulead DV workshop (Or any other program, VirtualDub (mp2) …) and the Audio and video are out of sync.

I tried the following.
Using the same imported avi, I this time selected System(Video+Audio) and created ONE mpeg file (not what I want) containing the Audio and Video streams, and they are perfectly in sync. This tells me that the original avi is good.

I also tried extracting the audio from the original avi using VirtualDub (In case the audio was the problem) and it still did not sync with ether versions of the Video(Not with the .m2v file and not with the .mpeg)

PLEASE HELP
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 20 Mar 2004, 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already replied to your e-mail, but here goes again:

Many programs play the sound out of sync during preview (especially if the video is VBR) but will play it in sync after you create a DVD. Compile your project to a title set folder and open that folder with PowerDVD, or some other DVD player (ex., WinDVD). If that plays in sync, the DVD will be in sync.

BTW, what's the codec used by your source AVI?

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: