dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mpeg 2 audio encoding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Home Alone

PostPosted: Fri 16 Apr 2004, 4:35    Post subject: Mpeg 2 audio encoding Reply with quote

I`m coverting video with Tmpg 2.5 plus to DvD format (Mpeg2)from Xvid,but i am having problems finding softwere to encode Audio to go with
encoded DvD (Video) and Audio is (Ac3 4800) on the original file - i gess it has to be encoded to DTS or PCM.
If anyone has any info about such program that can encod audio (ac3)to DTS. P L E A S E Replay THX....
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 19 Apr 2004, 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTS is not a standard format on all DVD players. AC3 is. To be compatible with all DVD players, the audio must be in PCM or AC3. PAL players also support MPEG audio. Not all authoring programs let you load AC3 files, though; check the manual of your authoring programs for more details.

RMN
~~~
myself46

PostPosted: Mon 26 Apr 2004, 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need the AC3 decompressor to be installed in order to play the initial video (I assume *.avi, Xvid or Divx and AC3).
To find out what you need , do use the AVICodec 1.1 Sw or the Gspot 2.21 (both free), it will help you to identify the source format.
I use too the TMPGenc for video and the Goldwave 2.6 for the Audio, just save it after opening with the Goldwave to*.wav ==> PCM 16 bit stereo, 224 bit.
Now you can feed this Wav file as the Audio for the TMPGenc, he likes it Smile.....
The rest is starightforward...
Good luck !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: