dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OGM to DVD Using Tmpgenc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kahsir

PostPosted: Sun 18 Apr 2004, 16:33    Post subject: OGM to DVD Using Tmpgenc Reply with quote

Whenever I convert ogm to dvd using tmpgenc 2.5+, i get extremely choppy video on the computer side. Im doing video and audio seperately, pulling audio out to wav with virtualdub. (Im removing the second audio track out of the file and the subs). Odd thing is, the audio is syncin up perfectly with the choppy video. I have used a few different guides on how to convert the files, but with each of them Im getting the same choppy video. When I say choppy, it looks like playing a video game on a very slow system. I havent try`d burning the dvd and playing it elsewhere, not until I can play it on my comp. We have also transfered the file to 3 other comps on the network, so I dont believe its the system.

Thanks for all the help,

Kahsir
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 19 Apr 2004, 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the source file have the right resolution and the right frame rate? Have you tried different players?

RMN
~~~
kahsir

PostPosted: Tue 20 Apr 2004, 4:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have used a few different players to the same effect. Resolution is set the same as in the original file before I covert it.

thanks for the reply,

kahsir
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 23 Apr 2004, 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the original resolution and frame rate? Also, how are you loading the file into TMPGEnc? As far as I know, TMPGEnc only has native support for MPEG and AVI.

RMN
~~~
kahsir

PostPosted: Fri 23 Apr 2004, 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frame size, fps 576x432 23.976fps

Using Xvid Mpeg-4 codec

I changed the extention to .avi for tmpgenc to load the file without error (which is what Ive read a few places to do.)

Thanks for the reply,

Kahsir
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 24 Apr 2004, 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read about similar problems when loading Quicktime files (with a 3rd party plug-in). Do you have a video editing program? If so, try loading the file and see if it plays normally. If it does, try exporting to TMPGEnc using a frameserver.

But before that, try increasing the priority of the Directshow reader. It might fix it. See this thread:

http://dvd-hq.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40

RMN
~~~
kahsir

PostPosted: Sat 24 Apr 2004, 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried those settings changes and now it wont begin to convert. Getting error when ACM was initialized. now. I appreciate the advice. What Im trying to accomplish is to take these ogm files that I have and put them on NTSC ready dvd`s. The steps I have taken are, removed the ogg audio files using vdubmod, converted the ogg files to .wav with goldwave. then trying to add the audio into the video stream of the ogm file. Am I maybe missing a step?

Thanks for the reply,

Kahsir
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 24 Apr 2004, 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much (any, TBH) experience with Ogg video files, but I suspect your problem lies in the fact that their structure isn't the same as AVIs, and that's confusing TMPGEnc (although the decoder can extract the image).

If you manage to find some way of converting the files to an AVI structure (should be possible without recompression, if the codec is the same) or loading them into an editing program and then exporting through a frameserver, TMPGEnc shouldn't have any problems with the file structure.

But why, exactly, are you trying to add the audio back to the OGM file...? I mean, if you're going to make a DVD, why not leave it as a WAV and import it directly into your DVD authoring program?

Assuming the WAV file is okay (right speed, right duration, etc.), all you need now is a way to convert the video to MPEG-2, and then your authoring program can multiplex both files.

RMN
~~~
kahsir

PostPosted: Mon 26 Apr 2004, 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the audio. Just wanting to make sure everything syncs up before I do the burn. Ive been playing with it a bit and things seem to be getting better (not perfect yet). If I figure it out, Ill post up exactly how I did it. To help others if they have this problem.

Thanks for the info and reply,

Kahsir
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 1 May 2004, 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking the audio sync before compiling the DVD is more or less useless, since the final multiplexing is always going to be done by your authoring program.

Leave the audio as WAV, import both files into your authoring program, author the DVD and compile it to a title set (VIDEO_TS) folder. Then open that folder with PowerDVD (or some other DVD player) and see if it's in sync. If it is, the resulting DVD will also be.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: