dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating a Movie DVD from 2 MPEG files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prachar

PostPosted: Fri 28 May 2004, 16:23    Post subject: Creating a Movie DVD from 2 MPEG files Reply with quote

I have checked many "how to" and "help" files on this subject, but here is my situation and don't know what I am doing wrong.

I have 2 Mpeg files (45 mins each in length and 750 Megs each) and what I want to do is make it fit and play on a regular DVD player.

Here's where I get stuck. I run DVTool (CM's Digital Video Tool v0.53) to merge the 2 files into 1 MPEG file. All seems well when I play the file using VLC Video LAN or Media Player as the time of the movie ends up being 1 hour 30 mins. The reason I don't use TMPGEnc plus 2.5 to merge the two files is because the AUDIO goes out of synch after about half way through the movie and there is no other setting I saw that could fix it. When I attempt to add the 1 Mpeg file into either Nero Vision 2 or DVD builder within Easy CD Creator it only recognizes the first of the 2 joint Mpeg files and being only 45 mins in length. However the size of the 1 Mpeg is 1.5 gigs as if it were joint properly.

My question is, Is there a way to join 2 Mpeg files without losing Audio Synch and make the Nero Vision or Easy CD Creator read the files correctly and eventually burn well.

I have made 5 coasters already before I realized that after the files are joined (looked ok since the filesize changed to 1.5 gigs from 2 files being 750 Megs each) but as soon as I add the Mpeg file to Nero Vision 2 or Easy CD Creator it is only recognized as if it were only half the movie. I have attempted to use TMPGEnc but that one joins the files correctly and Nero Vision 2 and Easy CD Creator DVD Builder read the contents correctly but the audio is out of synch after I burn it and if I use Super DVD player on the PC.

I would love any suggestions and am willing to switch to different programs if need be so that I can avoid using Authoring software other than Nero Vision or Easy CD Creator 6.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 28 May 2004, 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any experience with Nero Vision, but in most authoring programs you can simply load the two files and set them to play one after the other. Won't Nero let you load more than one clip per DVD?

When you say the file created by TMPGEnc has the audio out of sync, where did you test it? Just inside the authoring program, or did you actually make a DVD?

If all else fails, you can try extracting the audio, joining it in a sound editing program, joining the video in TMPGEnc, and then join audio anmd video again, or simply import the separate audio and video files into your authoring program, and join them there. It's more work, but it lets you adjust the sync manually.

RMN
~~~
Zodiac

PostPosted: Sun 13 Mar 2005, 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, If you objective is only to play the files one after another then there is no requirement to joint the video files. in fact u are better off having smaller size MPg .. i have some doubts ur file size if only 750 MB for 45 min .. that is not optimal for DVD video quality .. if u have original AVI then encode it again using TMPGenc using CBR around 6000.

To ans ur question .. use TMPG DVD authoring program .. import both the MPG into it one by one and ask the program to create a DVD ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: