dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMPGEnc 3.0 detects wrong framerate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
espentan

PostPosted: Sat 5 Jun 2004, 16:39    Post subject: TMPGEnc 3.0 detects wrong framerate Reply with quote

TMPGEnc 3.0 seems to detect the wrong framerate in 25 fps avi files that are read with the Directshow file reader (ie. divx files etc.). A 25 fps file is detected as having a 30 fps framerate and this will in turn make for a rather annoying viewing experience once you make a 25 fps PAL MPEG, as frames are probably added during TMPGEnc's little 25 to 30 fps "trick".

Has anyone else had this problem?

I decompressed the file in question (a 25 fps xvid file) using huffyuv, as TMPGEnc will use the AVI File reader instead of the Directshow reader when loading this file, and now the framerate is correctly detected.

I don't understand why they won't let the user manually select the source framerate, as it would've solved this problem.

I've sent Pegasys an e-mail about the problem, but I haven't heard back yet...
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 5 Jun 2004, 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

This does not seem to be related to the TMPGEnc version or the source frame rate. Even in older versions of TMPGEnc, some files that are 25 or 23.976 FPS appear as 30 FPS. Probably some bug in the Directshow reader itself, which was (apparently) not fixed in TMPGEnc 3.0.

RMN
~~~
espentan

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jun 2004, 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Pegasys finally responded to my e-mail, and they can inform me that they are aware of the problem, and like RMN says, it is related to the Directshow reader.

They did not say if it is something they are going to fix in the near future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: