dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMPG crashes after 1st pass
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bivis

PostPosted: Sun 18 Jul 2004, 9:33    Post subject: TMPG crashes after 1st pass Reply with quote

I try a few times to encode ~10min or longer video (*.avi, which I capture from DV camcoder) and TMPG crashes (just close himself) after 1st pass (when TMPG must encode with 2nd pass -> after 50% of work). I use TMPG version 2.521.58.169, but and with earler versions it's the same.
When I work with 1-1.5 min of video, I have no problem... Confused I have no ideas, there is the reason...
Last time I encode with TMPG (longer >1.5min video) very long time ago and everything works. What's hapend now Question Sad
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun 18 Jul 2004, 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be caused by a disk error. Make sure the drive isn't full, and run scandisk to check for any bad sectors.

If you use CBR instead (single pass), does it work?

RMN
~~~
Bivis

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jul 2004, 6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, my disk have no errors, but the problem don't disappear...
Now, when I change my temp folder location and VBR cache size from default to suggested 4096 MB, I can encode my long video ( Exclamation ) and the program crashes just after 100% of work Confused Earler it happend after 50% and I had 0 kb of video, but now I have the real encode *.mpg file Cool
Also I notice now, what my encode *.mpg file have 1 flame less than original *.avi Confused And this is with all (even little) movies, which I encode (even without crashes!)...
Bivis

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jul 2004, 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.

I use this setings:

system video+audio

Video
Stream type: MPEG-2 video
Size: 720x576 PAL
Aspect ratio: 4:3 display
Frame rate: 25fps
Rate control mode: 2-pass VBR
Rate control settings:
· Av. 7000
· Max. 9000
· Min. 3500
· Padding: disabled
· P spoilage: 0
· B spoilage: 20 (default)
VBV buffer size: 0 (automatic)
Profile & level: MP@ML
Video format: PAL
Encode mode: interlace
YUV format: 4:2:0
DC component precision: 10 bits
Motion search precision: highest quality

Advanced
Video source type: interlace
Field order: bottom
Source aspect ratio: 4:3 display
Video arrange method: center
Filters: none

GOP structure
Number of I pictures: 1
Number if P pictures: 14
Number of B pictures: 0
Max. frames in GOP: 15
Output interval of header: 1
Output closed GOP: disabled
Detect scene change: enabled
Force picture type: disabled

Quantize matrix
Quantize matrix: default
Output basic YcbCr: disable
Floating-point DCT: enabled
No half-pixel motion: disabled
Soften block noise: disabled

Audio
MPEG audio layer II
Sampling frequency: 48000 Hz
Channel mode: stereo
Bitrate: 256 kbit/s

And on 1 DVD (4483 MB) hold ~85 min of perfect quality video Cool

But until now I don't know where disappear 1 frame (when encoding log write, that everything is ok, and all frames are encoded success) and 2nd principal question - why TMPGEnc (all my tested versions) crashes after encoding Question Sad
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jul 2004, 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that changing the temporary folder made a difference suggests the problem has something to do with the drives. What operating system are you using, and what is the filesystem on the drives (ex., FAT, FAT32, NTFS, etc.)?

Also, what card are you using to capture the video? Is it a "normal" DV card or is it a "band-name" card like a Matrox, Pinnacle, etc.?

Some cards use drivers that create "fake" files that are actually made up of several smaller files (to be compatible with older systems, that don't support files bigger than 2 or 4 GB).

RMN
~~~
Bivis

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jul 2004, 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmn wrote:
The fact that changing the temporary folder made a difference suggests the problem has something to do with the drives. What operating system are you using, and what is the filesystem on the drives (ex., FAT, FAT32, NTFS, etc.)?

In my signature you can see, what I use WinXP (NTFS).

rmn wrote:
Also, what card are you using to capture the video? Is it a "normal" DV card or is it a "band-name" card like a Matrox, Pinnacle, etc.?

Some cards use drivers that create "fake" files that are actually made up of several smaller files (to be compatible with older systems, that don't support files bigger than 2 or 4 GB).

I capture with firewire (cheap card) and had no problem earler. I also had no problem with TMPGEnc, but something happend now Sad
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 20 Jul 2004, 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows XP can also be installed on FAT32 or even FAT16 partitions (in fact, lots of people do, because they install it over an older version).

And cheap cards tend to create more standard files, so I doubt the problem is related to the AVI limit (2GB) or file system's limit (4 GB).

However, it seems to be related to the temporary file used for 2-pass VBR.

Have you tried using CBR mode? Does it still crash?

RMN
~~~
Bivis

PostPosted: Tue 20 Jul 2004, 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmn wrote:
Have you tried using CBR mode? Does it still crash?

Now I try to encode 5 min video, and after CBR and VBR encoding the program automaticly close Sad With CRB it still crash...
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 20 Jul 2004, 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can think of is that some of your TMPGEnc files are somehow damaged. Try re-installing TMPGEnc (or, better yet, try installing the new 3.0 version).

RMN
~~~
Bivis

PostPosted: Tue 20 Jul 2004, 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

With TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress in VBR mode everything works fine Cool But I don't like that program...
I don't know, but I has a few times TMPG uninstal and again install (even older versions, which works even without installation), but the problem don't dissapear Sad Mabe you know, how uninstall TMPG fully, not only from program files, mabe some files stay in windows or documents and setings forders, registry Question Confused
Bivis

PostPosted: Wed 21 Jul 2004, 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what's happend, but I encode now uncompressed *.avi video ~44min with TMPG Plus, and the application don't close after the end Exclamation Very Happy
But then all frames was encoded, TMPG was something doing for 5 min, and I think, that it's again crashes Wink It still have 1 frame less than in original file, but everything works.
I think, that reason this crashes was temporary files, and TMPG can not delete after successufl encode. Maybe this problem still stay, I must more encode and will give the results Cool
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu 22 Jul 2004, 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your computer has different user accounts, it's possible that TMPGEnc doesn't have permission to access all the files and folders it needs. Try logging in with an administrator account, and see if the crashes stop. Alternatively, make sure that TMPGEnc's folder, the temporary folder, and the folders with the media files all have the correct security permissions.

RMN
~~~
Switch

PostPosted: Thu 22 Jul 2004, 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem was determined (on another forum) to be related to Microsoft's DirectX 9.x after some methodical testing. Unfortunately, the only way to get back to a previous version is to reformat and start from scratch, then don't upgrade the DirectX to anything beyond 8.1.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jul 2004, 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm using DX 9 in a couple of systems and I never had that problem. Did you try changing the priority of the loaders, as described in this thread? Perhaps one of your APIs (VfW or DirectShow) had some corrupted files.

RMN
~~~
Bivis

PostPosted: Sun 1 Aug 2004, 7:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem does'nt disappear and I know why Cool
Earler I capture my video and through MGI VideoWave 5 process a new file uncompressed video (final file, edited). But when I try to encode directly captured file, I had no errors at all Smile
I decide to edit and cut with TMPGEnc DVD Author (it's alsow my DVD Authorizing program), because I don't need now more possibility without cutting Cool
I encode now with "batch encode" 2-4 files together and alsow have no problem Wink
Maybe the problem was (and is) wrong creation of uncompressed *.avi file with VideoWave ? Confused Perhaps it does't go with TMPGEnc ? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: