dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newbie needs help with Nero

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bushfilm

PostPosted: Sat 18 Dec 2004, 23:09    Post subject: newbie needs help with Nero Reply with quote

I have been tring to burn a DVD with Nero, but am having weird problems. First, I edited my video in Avid Express DV Pro, then I exported as a Quicktime Ref movie, video only. I used TMPGenc to transcode to MPEG2 file. I also exported project audio as a WAVE file and an AIFF file. When I tried to transcode audio with TMPGenc, I get a message stating "No video present" and the file will not load. When I try to open audio files in Nero, they won't open there either. So basically, I can create an MPEG2 file from the video with TMPGenc, and Nero will burn that to a DVD that looks pretty good. Problem is, how do I get the audio to go along with the video? Hope this makes sense, I have a lot of video editing experience, but am new to DVD production. Do I need to buy some sort of authoring program...I'm trying to do this on the cheap. Thanks in advance for your help!
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun 19 Dec 2004, 5:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try exporting the audio to WAV format, or use a program to convert the AIFF file to WAV. Alternatively, include the audio in the video file (AVI or MOV) and use TMPGEnc to extract the audio to a WAV file. Select "ES (audio+video)" and make sure the audio format is set to 48 KHz, 16-bit, stereo PCM.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: