dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mpeg2 capture with jerky motion in panned shots...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raremilind

PostPosted: Fri 24 Dec 2004, 5:25    Post subject: Mpeg2 capture with jerky motion in panned shots... Reply with quote

Hi,

While capturing in mpeg2 format using MSP7 capture utility with Matrox Marvel G400 TV card I get superb quality at variable 6000kBps DVD PAL 704x576. Only problem is whenever there is a panned shot changing next frame content drasticaly the capture gets jerky. I cant change the IBP frames while capturing with MSP7 capture utility. Is there any way around to capture panned footage with acceptable quality?
Please help...

Pentium 3 1.01 gHz
Asus MOBO
512mb SD ram
1:80, 2:40 GB HDDs
5.1 Creative SB live
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 24 Dec 2004, 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say it's jerky, I presume you mean when you play back the captured file, correct? Which program are you using to play it back, and where are you watching it (a video monitor or the computer's screen)?

RMN
~~~
raremilind

PostPosted: Sat 25 Dec 2004, 5:19    Post subject: thanx Reply with quote

Thanx for the reply,
Yes while playing the captured file on the monitor plus the TV at the same time. Everything plays nicely but the panned shots. I am using wmp 9 to play the file. I capture with ulead media studio pro 7 capture utility.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 25 Dec 2004, 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMP is probably deinterlacing the image (so that it plays correctly on the PC screen), which means you are only getting half the updates (compared to an interlaced image playing on a video monitor or TV). If you make a DVD and play it on a set-top player, you should get the full number of updates per second. Make sure you have not selected any options to deinterlace during capture, or it won't be reversible.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Editing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: