dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I convert from DV to dvd (vob)??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stv777

PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct 2003, 6:42    Post subject: How do I convert from DV to dvd (vob)?? Reply with quote

javascript:emoticon('Sad')Hi all
I'm new at this and you will probably laugh me out but...
How do I comvert footage captured from my DV camera to vob or compatiable to burn to a standalone DVD disk that will lay on a standard DVD palyer??? Help please

Steve
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 11 Oct 2003, 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a DVD authoring program and (possibly) also a video encoder and an audio encoder.

Some authoring programs can encode the video and audio automatically (you simply import the DV AVI file), but the quality is usually not very good. For best results, youll probably want to use either a stand-alone encoder (such as TMPGEnc) or a MPEG plug-in for Premiere (such as CinemaCraft). You can find a couple of guides about TMPGEnc in this site (look under "Guides & articles", in the main menu).

After you encode the video (and optionally also the audio), you'll need the authoring program to create the DVD menus, set chapters, etc., and compile everything into a disc image (or even burn the disc directly).

Most DVD recorders (drives) come with a simple authoring program that may be enough to get you started. If not, you can download trial versions of several programs (always try before you buy). The company that sells TMPGEnc is also selling a simple (and cheap) authoring program called "TMPGEnc DVD Author". You can find it (trial version) here:

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_product.html

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: