dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TmpgEnc DVD Author audio lag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siliconhell

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct 2003, 12:31    Post subject: TmpgEnc DVD Author audio lag Reply with quote

Dear Gurus,

Please help, I'm having problems with audio and video sync and it is driving me nuts!

I have used "TmpgEnc DVD Author" to author two mpg movies to a directory, I then write the DVD using Nero.

The original MPG movies have no audio lag, however the completed DVD has a bad audio lag.

I am convinced that the lag is generated when TmpgEnc DVD encodes/authors the DVD file structure.

I had a similar issue with TmpgEnc encoder a while ago, that was resolved by increasing the priority of something within the environmental settings.

So does anybody have any ideas of how to cure the audio lag generated by "TmpgEnc DVD Author" ?

Many Thanks

Mike ........
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed 15 Oct 2003, 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had some problems burning TS folders from Nero in the past. Can't you burn the disc directly from TMPGEnc DVD Author? I thought the new versions had built-in recording.

Also, when you open the TS folder with PowerDVD, for example, does it play correctly?

RMN
~~~
Siliconhell

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct 2003, 7:56    Post subject: TmpgEnc DVD Author audio lag Reply with quote

After TmpgEnc DVD had finished writting to the hard disk I opened it with Power DVD, and YES there is an audio lag :*(

This proves that the lag occurs when TmpgEnc authors/encodes the source file. (The source file is ok)

However I dont know how to resolve the problem.

Maybe I should look for another method of taking an mpg or divx and creating a DVD suitable for standalone players?

Mike ...
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct 2003, 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

With DivX there are some issues that may cause audio lag in TMPGEnc, but this is obviously not the case since your source is MPEG. Just one question: If your source is MPEG, why are you recompressing it? Is is the wrong resolution for DVD?

RMN
~~~
Siliconhell

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct 2003, 13:38    Post subject: Audio Lag Reply with quote

I am re encoding as I have a DVD writer and loads of movies.

I wanted to watch them on my DVD player downstairs in a comfy chair with a beer.

So should I only be changing divx to dvd then ?

Thanks for the guidance

Mike ...
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed 22 Oct 2003, 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

DivX is a different matter (if you're interested in converting DivX to DVD, see the guides at http://www.dvdrhelp.com/). But you said your movies are in MPEG format. If so, why are you re-encoding them? Why not simply import those MPEG files into your authoring program, and compile the DVD?

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: