dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I messed up. Can you help me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trimipi

PostPosted: Tue 11 Nov 2003, 19:50    Post subject: I messed up. Can you help me? Reply with quote

I have been working on a 45 minute video for about 2 months. I had everything finished and authored a test dvd-rw. It looked perfect on my Playstation 2 (it plays RW, while my standalone does not.) I lost my mind for a minute and deleted the original avi to clear up space on my hard drive.

I burned a new copy on a DVR-R so I could use it on my standalone and to make copies for my friends. AHH!!! The bitrate was too high. My dvd player says it's hovering around the 9 mbps mark, and this is making the image all "jittery".

Is there any way I can lower the bitrate of my dvd without ruining the quality too much?

I'm already using an Ac3 audio track, so I don't think compressing that will make much of a difference.

Any ideas? Maybe DVD Shrink?

Thanks
trimipi

PostPosted: Tue 11 Nov 2003, 21:07    Post subject: oh boy... i think i was wrong. Reply with quote

i tried lowering the bitrate, and it didn't help. i used a program called bitrate viewer, which told me the program is progressive. the capture was interlaced, so i must have messed up the field order.

is there any way to take an m2v file and send it back through tmpenc and change the field order? I remember I used lower, but maybe it should've been upper field first?
trimipi

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov 2003, 18:54    Post subject: I fixed it Reply with quote

I used Virtual Dub mod. Isent the m2v file through there to convert it back to an avi. I then re-converted the file in Tmpgenc, using "Top FIeld First". Everything looks great now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: