dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMPGEnc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loopyloops

PostPosted: Thu 8 Apr 2004, 22:39    Post subject: TMPGEnc Reply with quote

Why when I create an mpeg2 with the above, does is appear clear only in the upper left corner of Windows Media Player (fuzzy throughout the rest of the box)? These look fine in Nero Showtime.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 9 Apr 2004, 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it play correctly in PowerDVD (or WinDVD)? I think Media Player still does not include a MPEG-2 decompressor by default, it uses a 3rd party decoder if one is installed. It could be that the decoder installed in your system is corrupted or has some problems with your graphics card.

RMN
~~~
loopyloops

PostPosted: Fri 9 Apr 2004, 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmn wrote:
Does it play correctly in PowerDVD (or WinDVD)? I think Media Player still does not include a MPEG-2 decompressor by default, it uses a 3rd party decoder if one is installed. It could be that the decoder installed in your system is corrupted or has some problems with your graphics card.

RMN
~~~

I think so. Again, fine in Nero. And, I can play DVDs fine in MP9. I installed a 3rd party codec but no go.

Wy video card is a 5950 and works great.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 10 Apr 2004, 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue is not wheter your graphics card works great or not, the issue is if the MPEG-2 decoder that Media Player is using has some problem with your card's overlay modes.

If programs with built-in decoders (like Nero and PowerDVD) play the file correctly, then the problem is either in the decoder being used by Media Player or in the way it's sending the data to the video driver.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: