Joined: 04 Feb 2003
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
|Posted: Sun 25 Apr 2004, 14:50 Post subject: Posting guidelines
|When posting in this forum, please try to follow these rules:
- Post in the appropriate forum. If your message is about video compression, post in the compression forum, not in the editing forum, etc.
- Don't post the same question to several different threads or forums.
- Use a descriptive subject for your messages. Don't use subjects like "Please help" or "DVD"; people looking at the thread index won't have a clue what your post is about and may not even bother to read it. Instead, use "Help with menus in DVD Maestro" or "DVD media compatibility problem", etc..
- Always include all relevant information in your post. This includes project settings, file formats, resolution, software used, system configuration, etc.. The more details you supply, the more likely other people are to figure out the problem.
- If someone replies to your post and their solution works, post a message saying it worked.
- Try to post in English. If your English is very bad, use an automatic translator and post the original (in your native language) as well.
- After posting a message, read it and check if its spelling and grammar are correct. If people have to "decode" your errors, they probably won't bother reading through the whole message, let alone post a reply.
NOTE TO SPAMMERS: You are not welcome here. Posts containing commercial spam will be deleted. The user responsible for them will be deleted. His e-mail server will be banned. His IP address will be banned. The product he's advertising will be added to the forum's automatic censor. The network of the product's manufacturer will be blacklisted. The spammer and the company being advertised will be reported to spam control organisations and to the ISP where the connection originated.