dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help, what did I do wrong?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kc_moses

PostPosted: Fri 2 Jul 2004, 23:11    Post subject: Help, what did I do wrong? Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

I followed this guide http://dvd-hq.info/Frameserver.html and http://dvd-hq.info/Compression.html#Video to convert the DV I captured from Premiere Pro to mpeg2.

I used PluginPac Frameserver as it's free and supports Premiere Pro. The quality of the end result file is good, except that I end up with a file that is 720x540. I specified NTSC 720x480 and my source is in that dimension. In the Advance tab of TMPGEnc, I tried "Full Screen" as well as "No Margin", but my end file is still 720x540, with letter box around the movie.
I brought the mpeg2 into Roxio DVD Builder and it accepted it, after burning the DVD, I still have the letter box.

I'm not sure what I did wrong as I follow exactly everything in the guide. If anyone could help and provide pointer, I greatly appcreciate it. Thanks!

From,
Moses
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 5 Jul 2004, 2:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't surprise me if this was a bug in Premiere Pro. Neither the framserver nor TMPGEnc will letterbox the video unless you specifically ask them to. Are you using Premiere Pro 1.0 or 1.5?

Try different setting in Premiere Pro's export options (ex., try changing the pixel aspect ratio from square to DV, or vice-versa).

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: