dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD writer for NT...any suggestions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raihnman

PostPosted: Mon 2 Jun 2003, 16:28    Post subject: DVD writer for NT...any suggestions? Reply with quote

Hi people,

I am using NT4, SP6. Can someone suggest a DVD writer that is compatible with my OS? Also, should I use -R or +R burning?

BTW, I would prefer an internal, IDE drive (or is it EIDE?)

Thanks,

Raihnman
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 2 Jun 2003, 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

By DVD writer do you mean the drive or the software? I'll assume you're referring to the drive.

Any recorder should be compatible with your system, as long as you have the correct interface (IDE for IDE writers, SCSI for SCSI writers). There are no specific drivers for the recorder; you just need a driver for the interface (usually the chipset driver if you're using IDE, or a SCSI driver if you're using SCSI) and a recording program (PrimoDVD, Nero, etc.) that recognises your drive.

As to the format, for DVD video the best format is DVD-R (although DVD+R isn't much worse). For data, the best format is DVD+RW (but it's incompatible with most set-top players).

Some recent recorders can burn in all formats (-R, -RW, +R and +RW), as long as you use the appropriate media.

Note: IDE, EIDE, ATA and ATAPI are all the same thing, in practical terms.

RMN
~~~
Raihnman

PostPosted: Mon 2 Jun 2003, 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I did mean hardware. I guess I was also thinking about any software that may comes bundled with the drive. I have purchased DVD-Lab so I will use that to author and burn.

Kurt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Recording All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: