dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter points in my movies break shortly the audio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alban

PostPosted: Wed 17 Sep 2003, 16:40    Post subject: Chapter points in my movies break shortly the audio Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I just made my real first DVD master. It is really great. Thanks to all of you.

There is just one thing. I have two movies and one menu. One movie contains just information about the video itself like title and contact information. The other contains the actual film. I set it up so that each movie could be watched without interruption by just playing it. I also set chapter points to allow skiping. The sequences of the informational movie on the film itself are also accessible through the menu selection options. But in both movies when just playing on my DVD stand allone player you will hear audio breaks at the chapter points. The navigation works fine. I would just like to have it without these audio breaks when just playing.

When I play it on my PC DVD-player, I will hear breaks only in the informational but not in the film movie itself.

Thanks for you replies,
Alban
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 23 Sep 2003, 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would help if you mentioned how the movies were created and encoded, and which programs you used.

RMN
~~~
Alban

PostPosted: Wed 24 Sep 2003, 10:09    Post subject: What we use Reply with quote

Hello,

we use DVcam and have all in AVI before encoding with TMPGEnc. After that we use Maestro for authoring.
Thank you,
Alban
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 27 Sep 2003, 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is each movie a single file, or are you using Maestro to join together a series of clips to form one large movie?

Also, is the audio included in the same file as the video (in MPEG audio format) or are they separate? If so, which audio format are you using (WAV, AC3, etc.)?

RMN
~~~
Alban

PostPosted: Sat 27 Sep 2003, 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

RMN wrote:
Quote:
Is each movie a single file, or are you using Maestro to join together a series of clips to form one large movie?

No, I had two movies, one the movie itself in which I insertet 8 chapter points. I was encoding the video in TMPGEnc seperately from the audio meaning that I made a video only file in Premiere that I used for the encoding. From the same source I made in Premiere also a audio only file, that I was encoding with the toolame tool (MPEG II).

The other movie was the clip that I put together in Maestro using BMP-images modified in Photoshop and titles (TGA-images) that I made with the TitleDeko Plugin Version 2.016 by Pinnacle Systems in Premiere.

RMN wrote:
Quote:
Also, is the audio included in the same file as the video (in MPEG audio format) or are they separate? If so, which audio format are you using (WAV, AC3, etc.)?

Audio is not in the same file since I was encoding the audio with toolame because TMPGEnc is said not to be the first choice for encoding audio. I always use a file with the ending ".mp2" encoded by toolame.

Thank you,
Alban[/quote]
Alban

PostPosted: Thu 9 Sep 2004, 5:57    Post subject: Audio is continous without Endaction in DVD Maestro Reply with quote

Hi,

when I do not use in DVD Maestro, Connections the option to determine the Endaction after a chapter or even after a movie except maybe for the last one, but just tell it what comes next, I get continous audio playback.

It works.
Thank you,
Alban
zcold

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2005, 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

An added note. An option in DvdLab Pro allows for a sort of break, or second pause. Im not sure if Maestro has that option, but I would look at the chapter settings etc for anything like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: