dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bitrate Calculator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDKB

PostPosted: Thu 30 Dec 2004, 11:06    Post subject: Bitrate Calculator Reply with quote

Hi,

Having seen someone request to download the calculator, and because a coleague of mine uses it regularly at work, I took the liberty of converting the utility into a C# desktop application.

At present, it's a clone of the calculator on this site and fully working. I'm posting to ask for your permission to use the application internally at my company, and also whether you'd like a copy of the binary and/or source code to offer on your website.

As it's written in C#, there is also a lot of functionality and new features that could be added to enrich the interface, and I would also offer to build upon and maintain the application through new versions of your JS logic.

Regards,
SDKB
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu 30 Dec 2004, 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to use it as long as you don't distribute it for a profit (and if you distribute it for free, include a note mentioning dvd-hq.info).

You can actually use the calculator as it is; simply save the HTML file locally, and you can run it straight from your hard disk (you just need to have a browser that supports JavaScript installed in your system).

I've been planning to make a new version of the calculator for some time now (with a different algorithm for the GOP suggestions), but something always pops up and then I forget about it.

RMN
~~~
SDKB

PostPosted: Thu 30 Dec 2004, 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thankyou. We had actually been using it locally with a feature of windows XP that allows you to display HTML on the desktop. The main reasons for porting the code was so that it could be set "top most" and have varying opacity, always at hand but not in the way.

I'll check back every so often to see if a new version appears. Smile

SDKB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: