dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to best automate AVI process?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metallo

PostPosted: Sun 27 Mar 2005, 22:18    Post subject: How to best automate AVI process? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got the following issue that is keeping me busy for days.
I have 56 video clips taken from my Canon camera.
The output file has 20000 fps and their frame size is 320x240.
Since I use "Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus" to burn them to DVD, it does not accept these AVI files because they are out of standard with their fps.

As a result,in order to provide an AVI file that Pinnacle can then convert to MPEG2, I use VirtualDub, but the number of processes I need to do for every file are so many that I hope there's a way to automate them:

1) Filter Resize 352x288 adding a frame of 720x576
SAVE
2) Change the frame rate from 20000 to 25000 fps
SAVE
3) Change so video and audio durations match (25000)
SAVE
4) Compress (but maybe is not a good idea) using PICVideo MJPEG Codec, Quality 20.
SAVE

Finally, I can upload the video clips in Pinnacle for encoding.

I came to the decision to use VirtualDub, because is the only software I know that can do all of this.

You can understand that if I have to do all of this for 56 clips on a manual way, it would take me 1 day and I've already spent far too long time testing other solutions.

Is there a way to automate it?
If yes, can you describe it in detail so that I can use it successfully?

Thanks very much for your help!

Alex

PS: I had found a good solution using TMPGE and encoding all the files into MPEG2.
The problem (and the great limit) of Pinnacle is that once it gets MPEG files, it encodes them again, even if I set the same encoding parameters in TMPGE.
As a result, I had to give up to this option.
AOPEN AX34, PIII 1.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, HD Maxtor 40GB, HD WD 120 GB, Plextor 16/10/40A, Plextor PX-716A, HIS Excalibur Radeon 9600, 256Mb, 2xMonitor Philips 109P20 Br Ethernet D-Link DE-828CT, Philips ToUCam Pro, W2K P, WXP
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 28 Mar 2005, 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, VirtualDub lets you create scripts and apply them to groups of files. Here are two pages with some information:

http://www.virtualdub.org/docs/vdscript.txt
http://www.ericphelps.com/scripting/samples/VirtualDub/

If you search for "virtualdub script" on any search engine you should be able to find more.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: