dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacing audio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitalfreaknyc

PostPosted: Fri 16 May 2003, 5:39    Post subject: Replacing audio Reply with quote

First off, thank you very much for your wonderful guide...it's already helped me immensely.

I had a question about importing audio. I have some music videos that I'd like to burn onto DVD. I am not happy with the audio that they came with (but very happy with the video). If I rip the audio from the original cd into my PC, is there a way of replacing the original audio with the CD version? I know i may have to tinker with syncing the two up but I'm wondering what the best program would be.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 16 May 2003, 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite often, the audio used in the video clip is very different from the audio used in the CD, so you may need to do a lot of re-synching indeed. Depends on the clip, of course (if you never see the guy singing, who cares if it's 1/2 a second off?).

Anyway, I would recommend the following:

1. Rip the audio from the CD to a WAV (44.1 KHz, 16 bits, stereo).
  2. Load the WAV file into a good sound editing program and convert it from 44.1 KHz (the CD sample rate) to 48 KHz (the DVD sample rate).
  3. Load the 48 KHz WAV file and the video into an editing program (ex., Premiere, Media Studio, etc.) and do any cuts that you think are necessary to keep them more or less in sync. If you cut the audio, remember to export the new version.
  4. Export the video from your editing program to MPEG (ex., using a frameserver, as described here).
  5. Optionally compress the WAV file into AC3, MPA or DTS.
  6. Load both files into your DVD authoring program, link them, and make the DVD.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Editing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: