dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overlay in Custom color - can I remove it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nunneley

PostPosted: Thu 1 Dec 2005, 13:38    Post subject: Overlay in Custom color - can I remove it? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have seen some people questioning why their AVI's come out darker when encoding to mpeg 2 using tmpeg, I have the same problem and have been able to get almost acceptable results by using a basic setting in custom colour and changing the brigtness and contrast as well as the levels of blue and red..... However I have also noticed that it is a pink overlay which makes the vids come out darker, I know it can be toggled on and off in the custom color settings (allowing me to judge what adjustments to make) but it is still there when I encode the Vid, is there any way to turn it off permanently so that it is not there in the final Vid?

Its quite annoying as I make CG AVi's with 3DS Max and I'm having trouble getting it onto DVD whilst retaining the quality to show people, which is really frustrating!!!

I would really appreciate any help or tips as I am fairly new to tmpeg (I have just spent 5 hrs playing with all the settings!!)

Thanks again
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu 1 Dec 2005, 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, differences in brightness are caused by the "Output YUV as basic YCrCb" option. Simply toggling that option should fix the problem, you don't need to apply any filters.

Also, note that different decoders and players can produce slightly different results (i.e., the same file can look slightly brighter or darker depending on where it's played, and a system might output DV files with higher or lower brightness than MPEG files - the reason is usually also related to the YCrCb vs. CCIR601 issue - luma values between 16 and 235 or between 0 and 255).

RMN
~~~
nunneley

PostPosted: Fri 2 Dec 2005, 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips, will give them a go

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: