dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brand New to Burning DVD's.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
camarocameron

PostPosted: Fri 28 Apr 2006, 22:37    Post subject: Brand New to Burning DVD's. Reply with quote

OK, I am brand new to burning DVD's. And I really can't even get my foot in the door. Here is what I am trying to accomplish: I want to play the AVI movies I have downloaded on my DVD player.
I bought a few DVD-R's, and when I put them in my laptop, it failed to recognize the disc, I went back and bought DVR+R's instead, and I am faced with the same problem.
If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat 29 Apr 2006, 4:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming your AVIs are compressed in DivX, get a DVD player that can decode DivX / MPEG-4, and then just burn the AVI files to data CDs and play them on the DVD player. Converting DivX videos to DVD will make you lose quality, time (encoding, authoring, etc.) and money (DVD-Rs are more expensive than CD-Rs).

And I hope those "AVI movies you have downloaded" are public domain, of course.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Recording All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: