dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the AC-3 sound plug in offered through TMPG any good

View previous topic :: View next topic  
piperpilot12w

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug 2006, 7:29    Post subject: Is the AC-3 sound plug in offered through TMPG any good Reply with quote

I'm trying to convert footage from a mini DV camcorder to DVD and have TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 for encoding. You mention the audio isn't very good that TMPGEnc offers. Is the AC-3 sound plug in a good way to go? If it is good, can you offer any suggestions for settings.

I'm new at this. My setup is capturing the video from the camcorder via firewire to Nero, then I plan to use TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 for encoding and TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 for authoring and burning. Is this a good setup, or is there a better way to do things.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 29 Aug 2006, 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMPGEnc can produce very good quality video output, so unless you need something faster, yes, it's a good way to go.

In terms of authoring, TMPGEnc DVD Author is not exactly a high-end program (like Maestro, DVD Studio Pro, Encore, etc.), but for most projects it gets ther job done for a lower price.

As to the AC3 plug-in, I've never used it (I already have software to convert WAV to AC3), but my guess is that, if Dolby allowed Pegasys to release it, it complies with Dolby's quality standards. Typical bitrates for AC3 are between 256 and 448 kb/s. Theoretically you can go higher, but some decoders have problems, so I would suggest sticking to 448 kb/s or less (ex., 384 kb/s for stereo).

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: