dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMPGEnc plus has no audio ^;-((

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suzie

PostPosted: Wed 16 May 2007, 9:19    Post subject: TMPGEnc plus has no audio ^;-(( Reply with quote

Here I am working my sweet self into a sweat, and nothing works.
I am a Video engineer working with avid xpress - and for the last six months I've exported my sequence as a mov file to my desktop - loaded the mov file - and I mean only the movfile into TMPGEnc and asked it to please create some nice mpeg2 files for our intranet television and dvd-burning. I use the dvd pal setting.It has been working perfectly.
Until i updated my computer and bought - not downloaded for free but actually BOUGHT new version of TMPGEnc plus. I get very nice video thank you. I get very nice audio thank you too. But they are separate - and never the twain shall meet. I've tried everything - and still no audio on my mpeg2 files. Sorenson creates mpeg2 files with audio from the mov file.

I tried downloading a new version from TMPGenc fully licenced. No result.
I downloaded the AC3 audio plug in - no results.

Then I changed the environmental settings in VFAPI plug ins. It seems that when the direct show multi media has the highest priority we get sound but no picture. If the QT reader has the highest priority we have video but no sound. If they have identical values we have sound but no picture.
Would somebody out there please help two ladies in distress Confused Confused
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 21 May 2007, 4:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think TMPGEnc Plus is supposed to work with MOV files at all. Some people manage to get it to work, but it seems to be a matter of chance. TMPGEnc Xpress has better support for Quicktime. If you want to use Plus, you should export your movies to AVI files.

Anyway, as long as you can get audio and video in separate files (either by setting TMPGEnc to make two ES files or by exporting the audio directly from your editing software), you should be able to make DVDs. All DVD authoring programs that I know of let you import and link separate audio and video files.

In any case, if it worked before and then stopped working, I would suggest contacting Pegasys' tech support, maybe they can tell you what changed between the two versions.

RMN
~~~
Suzie

PostPosted: Mon 21 May 2007, 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I'm so happy - we got the program to work - not as it did before - but it works.
I set the environmental settings VFAPI plugins Direct show and Quick Time movie reader to +2 both.
The audio input file must be the aiff file, not the mov file as in the good old days.
Preview looks black but creates perfect mpeg2 files with audio embedded.
We need the audio and video together in order to use the mpeg2-files both for dvd'ing and streaming for the intranet TV.
Thank you so much for your support Razz
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 21 May 2007, 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you managed to fix it. It seems the Quicktime import plug-in (which isn't part of TMPGEnc, by the way, it's made by James Holderness) wasn't able to read the source file's audio for some reason, so TMPGEnc was probably encoding the audio correctly, but "the audio" in this case was just silence.

You might want to try updating Quicktime and / or downloading the latest version of the Quicktime filter for TMPGEnc.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: