dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50 Hour Encoding Time for a 105 min long vid?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regulator

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jun 2003, 19:42    Post subject: 50 Hour Encoding Time for a 105 min long vid? Reply with quote

Is this to be expected?

my system specs are:

2 GHz P4
768 MB RAM
200 GB HD
Win XP Pro

I am using premiere and frameserving to tmpgenc, but the site that had the old version of avisyth is down so I am using a freeware frameserver with premiere. http://www.debugmode.com/pluginpac/frameserver.php and i use the settings in tmpgenc from the calculator on the page and from the compression page itself.

Is TMPGEnc better than the built in MPEG encoder in Premiere? since when i try encoding with the built in encoder it will only take 14 hrs.

I waited 30 mins after i pressed start on tmpgenc to let the status settle and it was at 50 hrs still.

I was encoding at high quality when it reported 50 hrs. so i changed to fast motion search and it changed to 30 hrs.

Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe it is the frameserver since it said it was serving only 4 fps.
Regulator

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jun 2003, 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... i just realized that premiere still had noise reduction enabled from a previous project!!! and the time i was seeing in premiere for 14 hrs was to export the timeline! before the encode

/me slaps myself across the face

well anyways... this free frameserver is awesome and the webmaster might wanna look into it since it is easier to install and operate than avisynth and it is of course... free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: