dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVDit PE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJB

PostPosted: Wed 5 Mar 2003, 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMN, as I said in the previous post. Windows will shut down Premier. I will always have the desk top. Win2k will not crash.

As for hardware problems, driver problems, the system is clean. No errors reported anywhere.

Now here is something interesting. I have invoked Dr. Watson. Loaded Premier and have been editing for 2 days without problems.

I know this subject is off DVD Authoring but you seem to be the brains of the computer world. Your knowlege helps many and we appreciate it.

Thank You
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed 5 Mar 2003, 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'r right. You wrote "Windows shuts it down" and I read "Windows shuts down". Rolling Eyes

I used to have a lot of Premiere crashes when I used Pinnacle video cards with Creative Labs sound cards. I have very few when using Canopus cards with Philips sound cards. Creative and Pinnacle (along with HP and ATI) are known for their crappy drivers, so I suspect those crashes were caused by the editing plug-ins, rather than by Premiere itself. When using Premiere at home (without any video card, and no hardware-specific plug-ins), I've never had a crash. So I think that Premiere 6 is reasonably stable (it's far from perfect in many aspects, but stability is usually not an issue).

I've only used Matrox cards with Premiere very briefly, so I really can't say how stable their drivers are. The only (obvious) suggestion is to make sure you are using the latest version.

As far as I know Dr. Watson will simply record a log of the problems when something crashes; it doesn't actually change anything in the system configuration. So that's probably a coincidence. Unless, of course, the system felt intimidated with Dr. Watson looking over its shoulder... Mr. Green

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: