dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crash in Premiere 6.5 encoder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daucula

PostPosted: Wed 23 Jul 2003, 23:26    Post subject: Crash in Premiere 6.5 encoder Reply with quote

Hi.

I edited an avi (from DV) in Premiere 6.5 (with some transitions)
Then I export movie , select Adobe encoder. Most of the times, It ran for a while then stopped.

Can someone tell me why.

Daucula
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul 2003, 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you have already checked the obvious things (make sure you have enough free space, run a disk check to makesure there are no erroris in the drive, etc.). Was there any error message? Did Premiere lock up, crash, or did it simply stop exporting before it was finished? If so, did it always stop in the same place (of the project), or was it random?

Since the encoder is part of Premiere, have you tried Adobe's technical support?

RMN
~~~
daucula

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul 2003, 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I have lots of disk space. It just stopped working, and always stopped at the exact frame of a project. When I click on the "X" icon I got a message of "Program not responding ..."

Last night, I download a 20 minutes clip from my DVCam (Sony TRV30). Import into Premiere. Export the whole thing successfully. Then I cut the clip at frame (let say 1550) and another cut at let say (at frame 3000), This is for testing purpose only, then I remove the middle part (from 1550 - 3000) and move the second part to the first one. No transition. Export again, Program stops at about frame 1550.

But sometime there is a project (a lot more complicated with many cut, paste, transitions) go thru!

I open a project which was successful and export the whole movie again. It still goes thru!!!!

I saved the setup of a successful one, and use the same for others. Only change is the output file names.

Thanks for your quick reply
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 25 Jul 2003, 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a bug in Premiere's built-in encoder, then. Try sending an e-mail to Premiere's tech support. Perhaps they know a workaround.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: