dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

no video in finished DVD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
subferno

PostPosted: Sun 24 Aug 2003, 6:12    Post subject: no video in finished DVD Reply with quote

This is the guide that I am currently using and I am having problems with step 5 and its subsections:

http://www.doom9.org/mpg/ifoedit-basic.htm

I reencode the movie file with Tmpg and will use Ifoedit to remux the video and audio together. Problem is that Ifoedit locks up when I try to remux. If I go to "author dvd", it works just fine. But my finished DVD has no video (except for the DVD menu which doesnt even navigate). I examine the Vobs on my computer and noticed that there was ONLY audio and NO video. Either Tmpg didnt encode the movie correctly or Ifoedit didnt receive the video stream correctly.

Here are my settings for Tmpg:

stream type-mpeg2
720x480, 4:3, 29.97 fps, 2pass VBR (max-8000, min-0, avg-7500), NTSC
encode mode-interlaced
video source type-interlaced
bottom field first
4:3 525 line (704:480)
full screen keep aspect ratio
I, P, B-1,5,2 respectively
output interval-1
closed GOP and detect scene changes-disabled
force picture type setting-enabled (default settings)

I am stuck on this problem for 2 months and people at other forums couldnt help me. Could some one either give me a detailed walkthru of a different guide or the above link incase it has been outdated.

Thank you
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun 24 Aug 2003, 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try opening the MPEG-2 video file created by TMPGEnc with PowerDVD or WinDVD and see if it plays correctly. If it does, then the problem is probably in IFOEdit. If the file does not play, you probably have a wrong setting somewhere in TMPGEnc.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: