dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to get DVD author program not to re-encode MPEG-2 files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taylor

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jan 2005, 21:01    Post subject: how to get DVD author program not to re-encode MPEG-2 files Reply with quote

Hi everbody. I use the Cinema Craft Encoder to encode AVI files into DVD-compliant MPEG-2 files. Now I want to make a DVD.

My problem is that my DVD author program (NeroVision 3.0) re-encodes the files when it's authoring the DVD. This is not good because it degrades the quality of the video (the Cinema Craft Encoder is much better, in my opinion anyway). I subsequently got the TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5 which does not re-encodes the MPEG-2 files. However, this authoring program is too basic. It doesn't have options for nice menus.

So, what DVD author programs are out there that does not re-encode already DVD-compliant MPEG-2 files, but have nice menus such as the NeroVision? Many thanks! Smile
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jan 2005, 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly all authoring programs have an option not to encode the video, if it's already in DVD-compliant MPEG-2. I don't have NeroVision, but look around the help file; it probably has that option, too.

RMN
~~~
Taylor

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jan 2005, 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at the NeroVision help section again, and as far as I can tell, there's no option not to re-encode. (NeroVison comes with the Nero Burning ROM suite). I imagine that this software doesn't have the option because it's an encoder/authoring program all-in-one. I suppose a dedicated authoring program would have more options, such as author only and no encoding. Maybe I'll take a look at something like Adobe Encore DVD. Any suggestions for other good authoring programs, especially with regards to compatibility with set-top DVD players?
zcold

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb 2005, 0:12    Post subject: Try another dvd author program. Reply with quote

I dont use NeroVision, I use DvdLab Pro, a very excellent program for authoring your dvds. If you have the cash I suggest the investment. Encoding using Tmpgenc and then using this program to compile everything together has worked great for me.

I tried looking around for an option in any help files/forums online and I didnt find anything about stoping automatic encoding.

You can try this support form.
http://www.nero.com/us/support.php

But I figure nero vision isnt recognizing your encoded mpeg-2 file and wants you to conform to some kind of nero vision standard...

Other than that, I cant help you beyond suggesting another program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: