dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuttering in DVDs using Nero

View previous topic :: View next topic  
axe_of_men

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct 2005, 10:36    Post subject: Stuttering in DVDs using Nero Reply with quote

Hi all,

Glad I found this place. Very informative. However, i have a couple of specific questions that you will be able to help me with.

First off I am a complete n00b when it comes to all things DVD. I only recently got a VAIO laptop with a DVD burner in it.

So far i have only taken my DV footage which i captured using the SONY software provided and made a DVD using the SONY Disc creation software.

This resulted in a disc which played back okay with no problems.

However, a friend of mine has recently given me a load of boxing .avi's that i wanted to burn to a DVD so I got NERO6 and haven't been able to create a disc that is acceptable.

Basically I get a stutter or a momentary pause when playing back on both PC and TV. It occurs every two seconds on the whole disc not just during large pans. What could be causing this stuttering? or momentary pausing?

Any help and advice greatly received.

Oh I'm using SONY discs too if that makes a difference.
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 24 Oct 2005, 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the format of the AVIs? Frame rate, resolution, codec, etc.?

Also, how exactly are you creating a DVD from those AVIs? DVDs need to be created with DVD authoring programs. Nero (the "normal" Nero) does not convert AVI to MPEG and does not let you author DVDs.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Authoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: