dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Premier 5.1 and tmpg 2.5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jorylor

PostPosted: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 7:24    Post subject: Premier 5.1 and tmpg 2.5 Reply with quote

i´ve beeing having troubles with tmpg 2.5 since im trying to convert avi to dvd pal.
I capture with pinnacle dc30+, edit with adobe premier 5.1, exporting (in premier 5.1)the final avi file with the dc30 mjpeg codec at 720x576 resolution, 25 fps.
If i try to convert this avi to vcd or dvd pal (low resolution) the result is quite good.
The problem is when i try to convert to dvd pal. I use the wizard. I select dvd pal and follow the instructions till the end. In the second or third screen, i dont remember, where appears the options "source range, "?",and "noise reduction" the file looks great at the first one "sorce range" but very bad in the second and third. For example at the noise reducction screen option the file looks multiple horizontal lines divided more significant as more quick is the secuence of the image.
I,ve tryed to modify many options; deinterlace, bitrate (from 2000 to 8000), quality levels, but nothing helps.
I would like to know wher is the problem, avi source (codec, resolution)?, tmpg configuration?
Thanks in advance.
Jorylor
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close the wizard, read the guide. Pressing buttons at random is like gambling (i.e., you usually lose more than you win).

Also, if you're using Premiere, you may be interested in using a frameserver. It will save you the step of exporting everything to a big AVI file.

RMN
~~~
jorylor

PostPosted: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.

I will try again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: