dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MPEG-2 playback problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri 6 Jan 2006, 17:42    Post subject: MPEG-2 playback problems Reply with quote

LDK wrote:
Sorry to disturb you again, but I have another problem, it kinda hard to expand, but hope i detail it enough for you to understand and help me with it.
1. Time error
I format my computer yesterday, and today I re-install most of my software. But the problem is that when I try to play my M2V file on window media it say that the file only have 8 minute, while it actually 19minute. Before the format it say 19 minute and work quite well, after format it say 8 min so I fast foward to see if it go beyond 8 minute, appearantly no, it just stop and go back from the start. Have you ever heard of this situation? if so please share your knowledge.

Have you installed any MPEG-2 decoder (ex., PowerDVD) after reinstalling the operating system? Also, does this happen with every file, or just that one?

Quote:
2. Size?(before and after format) This is Pal format by the way 720*576
After I encode with the setting that your guide told me to, I play the M2V in window media, but when I double click on it(full screen mode) the video I'am playing didnt show me the full screen, it only show me the video in the middle...is this normal?

Yes, Windows Media player often "forgets" to resize the image when you go straight from normal size to full screen. You need to make sure of the following things:

1. In WMP, go to View -> Video Size, and make sure that "fit video to player on resize" is active.

2. Before switching to full-screen mode, try resizing the window and see if the video resizes correctly.

If it still does not resize the video, this is probably due to some problem with the MPEG-2 decoder. Try opening the M2V file with a DVD player (ex., PowerDVD), and see if you still have that problem.

RMN
~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: