dvd-hq.info Forum Index dvd-hq.info
DVD & video forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMPGEnc 4.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Switch

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug 2006, 16:34    Post subject: TMPGEnc 4.0 Reply with quote

I see there is a version 4.x now. Any reviews, verdicts, etc yet? I still use 2.5. Laughing
RMN
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon 4 Sep 2006, 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 4.0 version is TMPGEnc Express. The interface is simpler, and it handles some formats (WMV, etc.) better, but from what I've heard the final quality is not better than TMPGEnc Plus 2.5, so unless you need the new features, there's probably no reason to switch.

RMN
~~~
hellerbrewing

PostPosted: Wed 4 Oct 2006, 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased TMPGenc Xpress 4.0 and so far I have been pretty happy. I have been doing alot of searching and have not found any guides or reviews on version 4.0 itself. In fact this site is the closest thing I have found to the software and information on encoding. I would really like to see a site that allow people to post their template files and allow people to try them out and give them a rating.

Anyway, I think TMPGenc has the best interface I have seen on any program I have use (although this is the first program of its type that I have paid for). From what I have seen the engine is pretty good and gives you many different possibilities, you just have to be careful what settings you use. I tried converting a 5hr AVI to WMV last night and it told me it was going to take 86 hours! Shocked I changed it to encode to MPEG2 and the estimate went down to 24 hours. I still need to adjust settings so these encoding jobs aren't going to take as long, but that is why it would be nice to have more info about the program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dvd-hq.info Forum Index -> Compression All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: